Details of 2019 AGM Activities
Where: Boone Hall Plantation, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, held in conjunction with the 48th annual Charleston Scottish Games & Highland Gathering. More information about the games can be found at www.charlestonscots.org/ssoc-home.html.
When: 1-2 November 2019.
Lodging: Quality Inn & Suites, Patriots Point, Mount Pleasant. Additional information about the hotel can be found at www.choicehotels.com/south-carolina/mount-pleasant/quality-inn-hotels/sc064. The hotel is twelve miles southeast of Charleston International Airport (CHS) and does not provide complimentary shuttle service for guests. Boone Hall Plantation is eight miles northeast of the hotel.
- Double occupancy rate for one king or two queen beds Friday and Saturday nights is $120+tax per room per night. The rate before or after these nights is $110+tax per room. Ask for the Clan Murray block. Make your reservations by 1 October 2019 to ensure group rate and availability
- Make reservations by calling the hotel at 843-856-8817.
- Friday, 1st November –
- Council Meeting at 1:00 pm followed immediately by the Commissioner’s Roundtable in the hotel hospitality suite (location TBA).
- Clan Dinner at 6:00 pm at RB’s Seafood Restaurant, 97 Church St, Mount Pleasant; self-paying; go to rbsonshemcreek.com for restaurant details and menu choices.
- Saturday, 2nd November –
- Breakfast with the President (time and location TBA).
- Gates at the games open at 9:00 am; tickets are $20 per person if ordered from the event website, $30 if purchased at the gate.
- AGM business meeting starts at 1:00 pm on the grounds of the games (location TBA).
- AGM dinner will be next door to the hotel at the Harbor Breeze, 176 Patriot Point Road, Mount Pleasant.
- Menu choices and pricing are on the AGM dinner order form, below.
- Dinner activities include piping in the haggis (volunteers are needed to be haggis tray carrier, whisky-bearer, and swordsman), a presentation, and after-dinner entertainment.
For additional information contact Margaret Murray, AGM Coordinator, at: 2000 Cambridge Ave Apt 329, Wyomissing, PA 19610-2738; 610-763-0653; or email@example.com.